Aish

Stepping into the world of letters, thoughts, silent yet powerful tool for expressions, a mirror and a media...Yes, I am into blogging now !

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Zones



Molecules / Structures / Barriers / Separations / "LOC's" ?
Or a solid truth, that we live in our own islands?



That was a crowded evening as usual, where I cross the circle, where there is always chaos. There would be few faces familiar, but belongs to strangers, whom I meet every day on the same road, same time. But no one shares a smile or any sign of familiarity.


When we are heading towards home, we wouldn’t try to map the way to reach home, no one will try to memorize do I know which road to take, where to take the turn, which landmark to follow.


We are accustomed to an automated program that one foot follows the other foot steps of yours and you are home. J


As used to, I was deeply involved in some thoughts and least conscious about the surroundings, while waiting for the traffic to be clear and cross the road.
Being careless would make you sometimes patient enough, that you could wait until the traffic is completely clear and cross the road slowly peacefully and without fear.


Normally, while waiting to cross the road, I will stand in such a way that I am covered by the rest of the people and peacefully take steps with them. Crossing the road anytime is a big task and I always get nervous.


I felt little unusual when a little girl was walking towards me on the same road where I am standing with a cute smile.


Her smile made me think, do I know this girl?


Clicked Alt F for this face, and awaited for at least a minute or two for the results, with an expression less face.


No... Not found.


I wanted to convince my mind, no, she might have smiled for someone else. I was mistaken.


People started crossing the road, as the traffic was almost clear. There is no Police or Traffic Signal in that circle.


Suddenly this girl ran to me and with a tiny little soft voice, “Hey can I cross the road with you”


That was never expected. Suddenly felt a high level of responsibility and some sort of pressure.


Immediately after asking this, she is not waiting for my permission, she forcefully held my right hand, which was free; my cell phone was on the left hand.


There was no ample time for me to say something to show that I do care for you, but even I am not sure of crossing the road without fear or with confidence.


Most of the times while I cross a road, I am used to hear the driver’s howling or shouting or scolding for my poor or careless way of crossing the road.  I dint get time to tell her about this.


I was not able to understand what made that little girl to think that I will help her to cross the road, safely.


And I could not handle the pressure of the trust that she has put in me.
To be very frank, I was nervous for a while.


All these thoughts flashed in, within some fraction of seconds, and she is looking at me, with full confidence that I am going to take her safely to the other side of the road, with an innocent smile and holding my hand very tight.


“Yes, sure lets cross”, I said.


May be that was the first time I crossed a road with great care and I was extremely alert and so fast while trying to hold my feet on the other side foot path.


Felt I have achieved some thing great after taking her safely to the other side of the road.


More than that some unknown happiness started filling inside mind, can’t name what it was …


She smiled and said… “Thanks a lottttt… Bye… “In the same tiny little voice…but more happiness was filled in her voice.


I could not recollect any formal words that moment. Just smiled and waved a bye…and she went towards the right side of the road.


I came back to my own world of thoughts as I took my way towards the left.


4 Comments:

Blogger Apoornam said...

Hey nice Ash.I loved it.Out of small subject you mad a story.

September 21, 2009 at 1:01 PM  
Blogger Sachin Vijay said...

Nice...Keep writing...

September 21, 2009 at 11:11 PM  
Blogger smitkn said...

Hey... nice one... :) the use of technical term reminded me of the love letter competition in hostel... :) fun times.

September 22, 2009 at 1:00 AM  
Blogger Vineeth John Abraham said...

this is simply great.. i think you have a great potential to be a very well know writer.. keep writing.. we will compile everything and make it as a book :)

October 11, 2009 at 11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home