Aish

Stepping into the world of letters, thoughts, silent yet powerful tool for expressions, a mirror and a media...Yes, I am into blogging now !

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Story of Teak Tree Flowers








Years back, i mean so many years back...


I was in  3rd or 4th standard in St Mary's School.


Four of us myself, Pooja, Tintu and Maya, were together all the time, playing , chating, during our final years of that school 


( There were only LKG, UKG and I - IV standards in St'Mary's then.) 


Last few days at that school ! Final Exams were about to start and school was about to close for summer holidays.


It was during those days, Pooja started talking about the beautiful flower vases at her home.


She said , "Do you girls know what we have plenty of beautiful flower vases at home". "If you come home, i can give those to you girls,free of cost..."


We were fascinated by her words, especially when she said flower vases, we all  really started imagining some colorful artificial flowers in a beautiful vase.


I was wondering if they are so beautiful, why they are giving away , just like that to every one...???


Then i myself found an answer for that, may be Pooja and her family is relocating to Trivandrum after a month or so. 


She might want to  give this to her friends before she leaves the shool and the place.


We all , myself, Maya and Tintu, decided to go to her house, one evening after school... And all of us were talking about only flower vases until we reached her home.


She made us to sit in the visitor's room and went inside. 


We re all waiting for her to come back....


And two three minutes, there  she is !!!


with few  bunches of TEAK TREE FLOWERS in her hand....


She was true, those were beautiful flower bunches....


But not the way we expected.... 


But still we all carried it to our homes, happily :)




Why and When i remembered this..?????


It was when my father asked me this last sunday.


"Hows this..??????"


I was feeling homesick and sad, and packing my stuff for my trip back to bangalore on that steamy sunday afternoon.


I turned back to see,on  what my father is asking my oppinion.


He was smiling and holding a bunch of dry teak tree flowers... with an expression as if he is just back home after getting some rare antique collection.


I just casually asked "Ohh its teak tree flowers????" 


I am sure, i did not do justice in reacting as he expected,  to his excitement of displaying those flowers to me. I failed in showing atleast  half of his enthusiasm seeing those :)


Well, i was in a totally lazy mood of packing, that this scene did  not interest me as he expected.


I dont know how many of you have seen those flowers ?


I just continued packing... and thought about that one and only one memory i have with the teak tree flowers...and those friends of mine, in white shirts and blue skirts...whose names and faces i still remember...!!!


In my mind I  said thank you to my father, for bringing those FLOWERS  inside house and carefully placing it in a pot @ Verandah


I had some warm and nice nostalgic thoughts that afternoon along with a yummie lunch !!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Vineeth John Abraham said...

Each and every small thing which we in present will make nostalgic moments if we see the same thing in future. I have experienced same thoughts.. Prob this is how the word "Nostalgic" came into! Those who care each other, love and enjoy the very little thing he/she is doing will definitely feel this sort of thoughts in future. So I admire you. You have a great,loving, caring heart. Thats the reason cos of a small vase you remembered those friends and made it as a blog. Congrats. Keep going!!!

April 14, 2010 at 5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home